Media Director, Ultimation Inc., Petaluma, CA April 1997 – February 2001
First employee hired for video game development company. Games shipped: Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Commander, Harpoon IV and Panzer Commander. Ultimation began as a partnership between two veterans of the entertainment software business, Dave Bringhurst and Troy Heere, both Engineer and Producers, with advanced skills and experience in both Software Engineering and Software Product Management. At its peak, Ultimation had 17 employees, with annual revenue over a million dollars. The team’s diverse skillset included programming, 2D and 3D art, animation, videography, music, and sound effects work.
- Project management over all aspects of game production
- Oversaw the development of all 3D assets, 2D interface design, and special effects
- Directed and engineered all audio and video creation
- Directed localization into Spanish, German, and French
- Oversaw the creation of period music for all the games